- Call Neopost on 01 625 0900
Are You Harming Your Business with a Lack of Mailroom Efficiency?
For businesses of all shapes and sizes, the impact that mail output can have upon productivity is often hugely underestimated...
For businesses of all shapes and sizes, the impact that mail output can have upon productivity is often hugely underestimated. While companies invest massive amounts of money in streamlining the efficiency of their IT and HR departments, there can be a tendency amongst business managers to let the mailroom take care of itself.
But for companies happy to sit back and let their staff dedicate time to manually dealing with mail, they could be harming the efficiency of their business a lot more than they might think.
Document insertion remains a part of the mailing process that many of us take for granted. Because while the man hours lost to mail processing over the course of one day might not seem like much, when applied over the course of a year, it suddenly becomes a far greater problem.
Filling Envelopes by Hand Lacks Efficiency and Security
In Neopost’s experience, it usually takes two people two hours to process 300 variable pages a day when processing mail manually.
Over the course of a year, that works out as two staff members wasting 60 working days through unsecure manual processes.
Manually Filling Envelopes is Unsecure and Time Consuming
While mail workloads will vary from business to business, the drain on productivity that mail processing can produce is something that companies of all sizes can relate to. With many businesses electing to have staff deal with mail processing on a shared, ad-hoc basis and the manual process could be having a detrimental effect on other areas of your company too.
Manually collating content is time consuming and there is always the risk of human error, with possibly damaging consequences if the wrong information is sent to the wrong person.
Having employees share the manual mail process while multi-tasking on other work responsibilities can cause less care and concentration given to their normal day-to-day tasks. For companies asking their employees to deal with increased mail workloads while answering phones and dealing with enquiries, you could be running the risk of seriously sacrificing the quality in how they deal with those tasks.
So How do I Streamline My Mail Processing System?
While time-consuming mailrooms can sometimes feel like a daunting problem, the solution is relatively simple.
Intelligent folder insertion systems can help you process your mail in a simple, efficient and extremely time-effective manner.
In-built process controls help to ensure that envelopes are accurately filled and errors avoided. Whether you’re a fledgling SME dealing with several hundred mail items a day, to an established organisation handling several thousand pieces, folder inserters can help your business save vital working hours for the tasks that really matter.
What are the Benefits?
Working at least 13 times faster than folding documents by hand, folder inserters can bring a range of benefits to your business:
- Ensure employees spend less time sorting mail and more time on tasks that matter
- Help cut postage costs and improve the presentation of your mail pieces
- Handle multiple documents sizes and reliably manage varied content for personalised mailings
- Help maintain a professional image with neat folds and correctly located address. No matter what your mail output, if your business has employees combining a manual mailing process with their day-to-day tasks, your business could be unnecessarily sacrificing efficiency. As well as taking the strain away from your workforce, document inserters help produce a quicker, smarter and more cost-effective mailing solution for your company. So instead of needlessly wasting time and money with a manual set-up, why not browse our range of intelligent folder inserters today?